At this time, we have enough interviewees for our 2011 fieldwork in Europe, and are now accepting leads for the 2012 research. We have a particular interest in interviewing the following types of individuals:
- Forced laborers in Germany, particularly men;
- Involved in UPA (officially or in "village defense units")
- Imprisoned in Jaworzo Central Labour Camp;
- From the areas of Nowy Targ and Strzyzow;
- Deported to oblasts in Ukraine other than Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, and Ternopil;
- Deported in 1945; and/or
- Relocated to Ukraine under coercion ("voluntarily" rather than forcibly.)
If you know of anyone who fits these criteria, please email us at email@example.com or call (703) 987-0592. Responses to telephone calls will be slow until late October, as we will be engaged in fieldwork in Europe.
Thanks again! Na vce dobre!
-Corinna, Richard and Maryann